Making liquid soap is one of the livelihood skills we thought the community when volunteering with Restless development under ICS program so here are the steps by steps guide.
The purpose for posting this is help equip those interested learn the necessary skills that’s required for making liquid soap, be self sufficient because investing in a liquid can be a good source of income or you can even decide to make it for personal use.
Making 20 litres- of liquid soap
- Bucket (big size)- for mixing
- Mingling stick- for mixing ingredients.
- Jug- for pouring the liquid soap into the packaging bottles.
- Jerrican of water 20 litres- for making and mixing the liquid soap
- Bottles – for packing
- Gloves – For protection from the chemical.
- Measuring bowl (bucket) – for measuring and pouring water into the mixing bowl.
- Sulphonic acid; it is black in color and in liquid form and use 1/4 for making 20 litres- (250mls of Rwenzori water bottle)
- Industrial salt (white powder) even normal salt works use 1 Kg for making 20 litres-. The purpose I for preservation…it makes it stay for long.
- CMC.. (Also in powder form)… 20grams/ 2 table spoons… (It helps to reduce the chemical from affecting our human body.
- Ungalo/ Tibro… Put 1Kg.
- Soda Ash… 3 table spoons/ 30grams. …. (It’s function is to remove stains.
- Urea… Put 3 table spoons….
- Perfume… 10ml… For nice smell.
- Colour- ….Green or blue (because its common) use half a ton or full time
- Pour 1kg of Tibro/ ugalo and then 1kg of industrial salt… (First stage is the most important). Remember to put those two ingredients at the same time.
- Add water and stir until it dissolves. (Around 5mins)
- Add CMC 3 table spoons- add water in bits and keep storing
- Add sulphonic acid.. (keep mixing and adding more water.
- Add soda ash… Then water..
- Add urea…
- Add colour (green or blue)… And pour the remaining water.
- Add perfume… Cover your liquid soap and leave it to settle, in 20minutes, it will be ready for use.
Markets for liquid soap::
- Hospitals/ health centers.
- Shops and supermarkets.
Materials and chemicals can be got from jinja and Kampala.
Thanks for reading, inbox for more details.