As a former Refugee girl child, supporting girl child education means so much to me.
I was playing around with words and was able to come up with this poem, its not perfect-but hoping it will inspire you all. It’s entitled ‘girl child a precious gift’.
‘Girl child a precious gift’
Girl child, so precious. Yet always thought of as less in the society. She cries out to be educated. Yet always thought of as a coffee maker or cleaner. And all she wants is to be given a chance to realize her full potential.
Girl child, so precious. Yet most oftenly goes unnoticed. She cries out to be educated. Yet in most families the boys are taken to school and she is left at home. And all she wants is that single opportunity to be saved from prostitution.
Girl child, so precious. Yet some thinks of them as curses, just because of their gender. She cries out to be educated. Yet most of them grow up listening to painful words that children shouldn’t hear. And all she wants is to be given that one chance to fulfil her destiny.
Girl child, so precious. Yet thought of as wife materials only. She cries out to be educated. Yet always thought of as not good enough. And all she wants is to be given the chance to become a better leader, a better lawyer, a better doctor among others.
Girl child, so precious. She cries out for help, yet no one seems to come to her rescue. All she dreams of is a world where people support one another and there is equality. Give the girl child the chance to get that respect which others get because of education. So that she can reach out to others, motivate and teach them.
Girl child, so precious. When she is born, she becomes a daughter, a sister, a wife and a mother. Educating a girl child is one of the most important ways of changing the world. Girls are future mothers and well mothers, you know them well enough. So please support girl child education, for a better tomorrow. Save one girl child today- it starts with me and you. Be the change that you want to see- and help put a smile on the faces of the little ones.
Thanks for reading- be blessed.
I love reading and we all read for various reasons.
*sometimes we read for leisure, and when we read for leisure it is usually to find delight or simply to avoid passing time wastefully. These may include reading novels, magazines, poems etc.
*sometimes we read for instructions; so when we read for instructions, we are often keen because once you miss something, the whole process of what you are trying to achieve could be ruin. So here we read stuffs like user manuals, maps, traffic guides etc .
*And finally, we sometimes read for knowledge; Reading for knowledge is a combination of the two reasons above.
Courtesy of a course called writing and study skills- a foundation course which I learnt from the university.
Thanks for reading this: And pliz do keep reading for whatever reason(s) you might think of.
“A wicked messenger falls into trouble, but a trustworthy envoy brings healing”
A wife of noble character, who can find her? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.
She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night.
In her hands she holds the distaff and grabs the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. Her husband is respected at the city gates, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes.
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also; and he praises her:
“Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all”. Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
(From chapter 31 verses 10-31 of ‘proverbs’ Holy Bible, New International Version. International Bible Society, 1984)
“When we read too fast or too slowly, we understand nothing”.
It’s new year’s eve… And right now I’m just sitting waiting to see the fireworks display at midnight.
It has been a great and wonderful year. And now that we are entering 2018, I Want to wish everyone a happy and prosperous new year.
I pray that the good lord shower you all with more blessings, mercies,favours and fulfill all your dreams.
Welcome to 2018
Happy new year::
I will just do some listing;
- Commit more time helping others in need and showing care to the people in my life.
- Çoncentrate on my blog and probably change it to one specific thing and not about everything….
- Get famous…lol just kidding. I think being famous is hectic.
- Join the fight in ending violence against women and girls.
- Validate people in my life more.
- Get my driver’s licence.
- Concentrate on my look and dressing style.
- Lose weight. Yeah I think I have over gained weight this year so I gotta work on this in 2018.
- Do medical checkup every month.
- Travel more. Well I intend to visit other countries this year. Still haven’t come up with the list of places yet.
- Watch less TV and concentrate on other things…. Though not sure if I can do it. I love watching.
- Make smart decisions with my money… Plan n save well.
- Do a lot of research and writings… Yeah and readings too.
- Live a respectful life.
- Become closure to God Almighty.
Happy new year 2018
(Image source Google)
Today’s question- ‘What is on your wish list this year’
Here we go;
- Getting closure to God is number one on my wish list this year. Sometimes I forget and have neglected God a few times but I do hope that 2018 will be a year for me to get more closer to God Almighty.
- I wish to find my true purpose and destiny and be on top where I have always dreamt I would be.
- I wish to get a well paid and permanent job in 2018.
- I wish to find the right partner in 2018 to share my life with.
- I wish that all my favourite series get renewed for a new season. Whether it being from The CW, ABC, CBS, FOX etc like all the Arrowverse DC series, ABC’s once upon a time or Blackish, grey anatomy, game of thrones among others. Also craving badly for season 2 of famous in love.
- I also wish that all my wishes come true in the year 2018. Even the ones that aren’t mentioned here.
- Finally, I wish for a peaceful and prosperous 2018. May God bless you all.